I was nominated by Vanessa (thank you 😍) for this challenge inspired by a Vogue magazine series which interviews celebrities and other public figures. The questions are designed to let people know a bit more about your likes and lifestyle, so if anyone’s interested… here I go on a completely self-indulgent journey!
My list of nominees are at the end of the post, but you might like to answer the questions yourself. You could ask your friends or family – it’s fun and gets you thinking!
- What’s your usual Starbucks order?
- I try to avoid Starbucks, but when the ‘need’ is greater than my principles, an Americano with cold soya milk on top. It’s funny how you’re asked your name to give you a more personal experience (‘We’re all friends here!’). I once said I was called Lisa (she’s the main character in my novel) to see how it felt. Peculiar!
- What does your work station look like?
- Either the kitchen breakfast bar, or if I’m lucky and there’s nobody else using the living room, lounging on the sofa. Every summer I try to set up a system so I can see my screen outside whilst sitting in the sunshine. Every summer, I fail.
- All-time favourite food?
- Some sort of chocolate and raspberry cake
- Favourite author?
- Stephen Carver (http://stephenjcarver.com/) – he was my tutor at the Unthank School of Writing. He’s published two books so far (Shark Alley and The 19th Century Underworld – Crime, Controversy and Corruption) and was such a supportive inspiration to me during online workshops. An incredible writer too.
- What do you think of open relationships?
- Er… not for me!
- What is your favourite video game?
- I never play them. But when I have done (as a kid, Horace the Spider, and occasionally in an aeroplane), I’ve loved them. That’s why I never play them.
- Guilty pleasure treat?
- Cadbury’s – not very ethical, not very vegan! But so hard to resist.
- Your favourite movie?
- The English Patient, Escape from Sobibor and anything with Matthew McConaughey in it.
- Favourite book?
- Anything by Kate Atkinson. Life After Life and A God in Ruins are just brilliant.
I’m also reading a wonderful book called Soul Murmurs – Seasonal words of spiritual wisdom to enlighten the soul by Anita Nielson.
- Anything by Kate Atkinson. Life After Life and A God in Ruins are just brilliant.
- Best advice you’ve ever received?
- Just pack your suitcase, wait until he comes home, tell him you’re leaving… and go.
- Twitter or Instagram?
- Instagram – I love images…
- Are you a desktop or laptop person?
- Laptop every time.
- What projects are you working on right now?
- My blog, the future…
- What’s your favourite color?
- Blue – turquoisey or deep peacock blue (or peacock green?). All those amazing bird and insect colours (dragonflies, butterflies…).
- Did you get good grades in school?
- Dream job?
- Novelist or features writer. It’s been suggested more than once that I’d make a good Agony Aunt.
- Play any sports?
- Yoga. Walk/running (mostly walking). Skiing whenever I can.
- Do you have a degree?
- A BA in Modern Languages and International Relations from Sir John Moore’s University of Liverpool (the former Polytechnic). A great place to live and ‘study’.
- British (but I’m applying for Belgian nationality as well… due to, you know, the ‘B’ word).
- What is your favourite kind of blog post?
- If I manage to get a bit of humour into a fairly serious subject such as some aspect of mental illness, that can feel good. Particularly when I get feedback which tells me I’ve helped others who relate.
- What do you like to collect?
- Shells and pretty rocks.
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
- Empathetic, tough, loyal.
- If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
- Ice E.
- Who was the last person you DM’d?
- My son. He’s 11 and all excited to have an IG account (private).
- What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
- Savings for a skiing holiday.
- Sorting House?
- Sorry… no idea what you’re talking about.
- How many tattoos do you have?
- None. But if I did, it would be the word ‘Choice’ on my left wrist. I had an urge to do this when I had mental health issues and was convincing myself that I did have choices… I sometimes wrote it in pen. But I don’t like unnecessary pain.
- What are you most grateful for this year?
- Having started my blog.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
- Daring to swim in the sea in the UK and realising that I wasn’t cold.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
- A BBQ on the beach.
- What’s the best thing ever?
- Family, friends, nature, music.
- Favourite season?
- I love them all. Weather is fantastic!
- Favourite holiday?
- Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
- Gromit (or Pam Ewing – not really).
- Do you like surprises?
- I’d like to say ‘yes’ but sometimes ‘no’.
- What’s the biggest surprise you ever had?
- Being pregnant for the second time. I was on holiday at my Mum’s and we’d just moved house (and country) with our one-year-old. I’d gone to the doctor’s with a cold…
- What’s the surprise that made you cry?
- That Bobby wasn’t dead after all and it had all been a dream…
- What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
- A trip to Prague for my mum. A trip to Venice for my partner.
- Do you like muffins?
- Who doesn’t?
- Do you cook often?
- What’s your favourite dessert?
- Something gooey and chocolatey and fudgey, with some raspberries.
- Is there a dessert you don’t like?
- Blancmange, tapioca, anything ‘milky’.
- Cake or pie?
- Cake. And pie (or is that greedy, having your cake and eating it?)
- What’s your least favourite food?
- What’s your favorite condiment?
- Soya sauce.
- It’s 4 AM on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
- Tea and biscuits.
- If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
- How to follow your own dreams and not someone else’s.
- Best animated film?
- Up or Wall-E
- What has a guy done or said to impress you?
- My partner is really smart and he’s always got a funny answer, right fast!
- Best thing to do on a first date?
- Ask questions, listen, relax.
- Worst thing to do on a first date?
- Go to the cinema or something where you don’t get a chance to chat.
- What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
- I’m too old for this… (hummm… is that me, now, or ‘the guy’?)
- Best comic book character?
- What are three things that are always in your purse?
- Lipsalve, sunnies, notebook (not much good without a pen though… can I say four things please?)
- Favourite drink?
- If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
- Boadicea or some singer with an ‘okay’ voice.
- Kittens or puppies?
- Kittens. Or puppies.
- Tell me your favourite sushi roll?
- Loads of crunchy veggies, a bit of ginger and hot(tish) sauce.
- What kind of lipstick do you use?
- Something that came in a ‘The Pip Box’ cruelty-free Advent Calendar.
- What kind of foundation do you use?
- See answer 59!
- Blow dry or air dry?
- Air dry unless there’s a wedding. Then probably air dry still though…
- Who is your fashion icon?
- Nobody. But I think Nicole Kidman is beautiful and always looks so classy.
- Favorite Disney Character?
- Poor Dumbo.
- What are you doing for tomorrow?
- Taking the kids to a theme park – not my bag At All. The things you do for ‘em, eh!
- Movie you laughed the hardest through?
- Maybe the Mr Beans. But I also love roles played by Sacha Baron Cohen.
- Movie that made you cry?
- It doesn’t take much.
- If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
- Jake Bugg maybe. Or anybody.
- If your life was a song, what would the title be?
- You Got the Love.
- What’s your favorite animal?
- Impossible to choose. I love ‘em all.
- Favorite illustrator?
- Mercedes Debellard maybe?
- Person you want to have coffee with?
- David Attenborough.
- What’s the country you wish to visit?
- Australia to see my friend, Mel, who went and upped and emigrated! Costa Rica because of the tropical forests, beaches and wildlife.
- Best way to decompress?
- A walk in nature, yoga, or a long chat.
My 12 Nominees
1. Ruth Soaper https://donteatitsoap.com/
2. Christine https://transformativenourishment.com/
3. Laura https://improvemywellbeing.com/
4. Jo https://www.arosetintedworld.co.uk/
5. Roy https://peoplaid.com/
7. Anita https://anitaneilson.com/
8. Kally https://middleme.net/
9. Holly https://catcaresolutions.com/
10. Arto https://artoshealthinfo.com/
11. Sarah https://corporatetokids.com/
12. Kirsty Marie https://createownsunshine.com/
This is indeed a great challenge Eilidh. I just thought it doesn’t fit with the design of my site. I am planning to start another blog that is more personal. There I would accept all the nominations. Happy to have you as a friend. Thanks a lot.
Thanks, Roy. I wasn’t sure that it fitted with my site either (but I think it does, just about 😃), but for yours, you are right. It probably doesn’t really fit. I look forward to discovering your new blog – and you too, it’s lovely to have you as a friend in this amazing blogosphere! 😃
Thank you so much for the nomination! X
It’s my pleasure. I hope you enjoy it 😍
Thanks for the nomination but I will respectfully decline at this time. I will try to get back to check out some of the other blogs you have nominated though.
Thanks for your comment, Ruth. There’s just not enough time in the day, is there? So many blogs to read, blogs to write, gardens to tend, elderflowers to pick, jam to make, lives to lead… Sending my very best wishes, Eilidh 😍
Thank you for understanding. Best wishes to you as well.
Loved this list Eilidh and had great fun answering the questions. xx
Oh that’s great, Steph. Thank you for your comment 😍 Would you care to share your answers (no pressure though)? xx
Thank you for nominating us Eilidh!! Loved reading through your list, can certainly relate to quite a few 😉
Thank you! And it’s my pleasure. I hope you have fun if you decide to reply to the questions…
Ice E, what classy answers 😉 It’s impressive how Nicole Kidman always looks so good – I loved watching her VOGUE interview questions on YouTube. It was great fun to read your answers and know more about you! 🥰 Thanks for taking part on the challenge! 🤠
So many interesting, fun snippets of information! Thank you for passing this on and thinking of me- unfortunately I’m swamped with work at the moment and won’t be able to join in 🙂
Awesome answers, and so great to learn more about you! I love The English Patient too – especially what K writes in the cave as the light goes out!! 😃